The COMSNET (http://www.comsnets.org/archive/2014) was held in Bangalore, India from the 7th of January till the 10th of January, 2014. K.K. Ramakrishnan was part of the panel titled “Telling gold from pyrite: Promising research direction or hype ?” and represented GreenICN (http://www.comsnets.org/archive/2014/panel_discussions.html). The goal of the panel was to understand how to identify if an emerging technology is a hype or a promising research direction. The case studies considered were AI, P2P, CCN, Cloud, BigData and SDN.
The following is a list of all the panelist:
- Romit Roy Choudhury, Associate Professor, Computer Science, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (UIUC), USA
- Krishna Gummadi , Head of Network Systems Research, Max Planck Institute for Software Systems (MPI-SWS), Germany
- Rajat Moona, Director General, Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)
- Arogyaswami Paulraj, Professor Emeritus, Stanford University, USA
- K. K. Ramakrishnan, AT&T Fellow and Distinguished Member of Technical Staff, AT&T Labs-Research, USA,